A place to share news, advice, ideas, and my process with you.
Filtering by Category: Entertaining
Valentine's day is around the corner and what do women (and some men) love? Flowers.
Below are a few tips for those guys who need a little help.
- Flowers are not practical.....but they are beautiful and thoughtful. The fact that they are not a practical gift makes them all that more special to the recipient.
- Flowers lift your mood, it's a proven fact. Why do you think flowers are the universal sign for "I'm sorry, please forgive me."
- Roses are not created equal. Most roses are imported from South America, choose local and seasonal blooms and show that you can think outside the box.
- The bigger the bouquet the better. See #1, shows how much you can let go on this non practical gift.
- If you really want to look like a steller boyfriend, husband or friend. Get flowers for no occasion at all, just because you care. Believe me, it will be worth it.
- When selecting flowers, choose a color and request seasonal. This way your florist can choose the best quality flowers of the season but the color gives her/him a place to start.
Have your own suggestion, let us know!
Tina Frey Black Resin Vase
Vintage Ceramic Vase
Vintage Maple Bucket
Flowers are a beautiful species that awe and delight without even having a human enhancing them in any way. However when you go to arrange those delightful blooms be sure to give them that finishing touch, that final accessory which is the vessel that they are placed in.
To help you out, I have pulled a couple examples from my rental inventory.
First we have a modern low vase and bud vase from Tina Frey for chic and fashionable city party. I personally love it with a single variety of bright blooms.
Second we have a vintage sea foam ceramic vase that I found on Etsy. This is a great statement piece that can be used in a modern home for contrast or feel at place in a more traditional environment. Either way I think it looks grand with large blooming branches and foliage.
Third is a vintage maple bucket which is perfect for that rustic affair. Use it as a focal point for your entry or something to adorn your food spread. It would look like it came straight from the farm or farmers market with sunflowers or a mixture of bright wild flowers.
I have been slowly adding to my shoppe and am happy to announce one of my first items, Petal Confetti. Made from dried flower petals this is a great alternative to paper. It is bright, fun, naturally biodegradable and eco-friendly.